We offer a unique setting with a range of historical, traditional and listed buildings spread throughout a large private estate set in the stunningly beautiful Ampleforth valley. The accommodation and facilities of Ampleforth College, St Martin's Ampleforth and St Benet's Hall Oxford are available for hire during the summer months.
Ampleforth College has ten houses, providing in excess of 600 beds, of which a third are en-suite rooms. The houses range from the modern St Hugh's, St. Margaret's and St Aidan's to the more traditional and centrally located St John's House.
Ampleforth College offers a wide range of conference facilities, some of which are available during term time.
St Martin's Ampleforth
St Martin's Ampleforth is our prep school based at Gilling. The Castle has 120 beds and is hired as a fully inclusive property.
Further information on the history of Gilling Castle can be found here
To find out more about our Lettings, Conferences and Facility Hire, contact our dedicated and professional in-house staff and request a brochure.
We are happy to quote for the following:
• Residential courses.
• Conferences and meetings.
• Product launches.
• Dinner dances, balls and wedding receptions.
• Sporting, musical or special events.
In summary we can offer:
• Over 2,000 acres of exclusive grounds including woodland and lakes, all in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• A unique setting with a range of historical, traditional and listed buildings spread throughout a large private estate.
• Extensive sports facilities including a golf course, fishing, swimming pool, indoor sport facilities, rugby, cricket and astroturf pitches.
• A high standard and range of accommodation from single en-suite rooms to larger shared accommodation.
• An on-site tea room and a full in-house catering service using home-made and locally sourced produce.
• Extensive fully networked classrooms, meeting rooms and conference facilities.
• Dedicated and professional in-house administrative and support and event management staff offering expert assistance and guidance for a variety of business or leisure needs.
St Benet's Hall Oxford
This ‘authentically English’ University Hall is centrally positioned on St Giles, within easy walking distance of all main attractions, being only five minutes from the Ashmolean Museum, theatres and main shopping area.
The Hall is a fine example of Georgian architecture providing the most ideal location for groups that wish to have a completely English experience whilst exploring the historic city of Oxford. With easy access from all major motorways, airport and rail links, St Benet’s Hall is the venue of choice for visiting groups to Oxford.
This traditional character home presents a warm intimate feel for groups seeking a comfortable stay in which to unwind at the end of a busy day. Its excellent private walled garden offers a tranquil haven to relax in or for a game of that quintessential English pastime, croquet. There is a covered walkway along one side of the garden offering shelter and light for those wishing to paint, draw or read.
Internally the house retains many original features, with the Refectory (dining hall) providing an ideal room for sitting down as one large group to enjoy well prepared meals from menus to suit your tastes and requirements.